Target Fund requests should align with the Winthrop PTO bylaws which include the following objectives (please note, requests do not need to align with all bylaws):
- To promote the cooperation of the parents, teachers, school officials and the community.
- To promote the welfare of every child at Winthrop School, home and the community.
- To improve communication between the home and school in order to enhance every child’s education.
- To raise revenue and coordinate the use of resources in order to enrich the education of all children at the school.
- There will be two cycles of Target Fund disbursements, one in the Fall and one in the Spring.
Fall Target Fund Review
Program date: October 17th, 2016
Application due date: November 23rd, 2016
Target Committee Review date: December 5th, 2016
Notification Date: December 8th, 2016
Spring Target Fund Review
Program date: TBA
Application due date: TBA
Target Committee Review date: TBA
Notification Date: TBA
All target fund requests should be for programs, projects or materials that enhance the Winthrop school. Priority will be given to Target Fund applications that:
- Have a clear purpose.
- Address a specific need of the Winthrop community.
- Benefit a large number of Winthrop students.
- Benefit a particular Grade or group of students.
- Have no other avenue for funding (district, school, corporate, parent, etc.)
- Have matching funds from other sources.
- Have letters of support for the project.
- Are one-time expenses and not require additional funds to support
- That are submitted by a student
QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY
- Any student, parent, teacher, staff or community member who is a member of the Winthrop PTO may submit an application. Student and Parent applications must be co-sponsored by a Winthrop employee.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- For any application which proposes a project or intervention in a curriculum or in the classroom, a letter of support from the classroom teacher is required.
- For any application which proposes new curriculum or changes to curriculum, approval from Margaret Adam’s office is required.*
- For any application which proposes technology, approval from Neal Ellis, Technology Director is required.*
- In order to assess each request fairly, the person or persons making the request attend the meeting at which the target fund application is reviewed.
- Requests may be fully or partially funded, or not funded at all.
*The Superintendent’s office appreciates PTO’s who fund curriculum and technology. The approval process will ensure it is compliant with our current programs and infrastructure.
- Items purchased with PTO funds that remain after the program has been completed will remain at the Winthrop School or returned to the PTO unless other arrangements are approved by the PTO.
- Once a Target item is approved, the person who applied for the target fund must submit receipts for reimbursement to the treasurer of the PTO by June 30th, 2017. After June 30th, the unused money will roll into the following year’s pool of Target Fund money unless arrangements have been made by the Treasurer.
- Money will only be dispersed for expenses outlined on approved target fund application.